2 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup half and half
1 tbsp white corn syrup
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup candied red cherries, coarsely chopped
Halved candied red cherries(optional).
1. Line a 5 3/4 x 3 x 2 inch loaf pan with foil, extending foil over edges of pan. Butter foil and set aside.
2. Butter sides of a heavy 2 quart saucepan. In saucepan combine the sugar, milk, half-and-half, corn syrup and salt.
Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until sugar dissolves and mixture comes to a boil.
Clip a candy thermometer to side of pan.
3. Continue boiling at a moderate steady rate stirring occasionally until thermometer registers 236 F. soft ball stage, (about 20 minutes).
Adjust heat as necessary to maintain a steady boil.
4. Remove saucepan from heat. Add butter and vanilla but do not stir. Cool, without stirring to 170 F. (about 20 minutes). Remove thermometer from saucepan. Beat mixture vigorously with a wooden spoon for 5 minutes. Add 1/3 cup chopped cherries. Beat mixture vigorously for 1 minute more. Pour into prepared pan, spreading evenly. Let stand until firm. Use foil to lift fudge from pan; remove foil. To serve top with halved cherries. Cut fudge into thick slices.
Yield: 20 Servings
* Total Fat (g)1,
* Saturated Fat (g)1,
* Cholesterol (mg)4,
* Sodium (mg)71,
* Carbohydrate (g)24,
* Total Sugar (g)22,
* Calcium (DV%)2,
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Christmas Candy Recipes
Find Delicious And Easy To Make Christmas Candy Recipes That Are Great For Entertaining This Holiday Season.